- Russia-Ukraine: RCA Analysis of Impact on Commercial Real Estate
- Independent Landlord Rental Performance
- Remote Work in 2022
- Home Price Index
- New Home Sales
- Existing-Home Sales
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey
- Fed Meeting Minutes
- Retail Sales
- Homebuyer Relocation
1. RUSSIA-UKRAINE: RCA ANALYSIS OF IMPACT ON COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
• According to Real Capital Analytics’ Senior Director of EMEA Analytics, Tom Leahy, the spiraling conflict in Ukraine will most likely only have indirect effects on global commercial real estate conditions.
• Mr. Leahy notes that Russian institutional capital has very little presence in global commercial property markets, with outbound investment flows into foreign commercial property averaging just $330 million over the past five years. Additionally, the analysis notes that global capital exposure to Ukrainian commercial property is minimal.
• The primary channel by which the conflict is likely to disrupt global commercial real estate markets is through increased energy prices. On the morning of February 24th, fresh of the news of Russia commencing its invasion and missiles landing in the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv, Brent Crude prices topped $100 a barrel for the first time since 2014.
READ THE ENTIRE REPORT